[TenTec] front panel sockets

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] front panel sockets
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 02:04:06 +0000
Why oh why are mfgs. still putting the mic and key socket on the front of

ham rigs???   I don't know about you, but I plug in a different mic about

once a year and never change the key plug out unless the radio has

to go off the operating bench.  So why waste valuable front panel space

for these two sockets when all they do, mainly for most users, is clutter

up the front of the radio with plugs and wires?  Try finding a right angle

8-pin mic plug, BTW.  At least the K3 has an alternative mic socket on the back.
73,

Charles Harpole

k4vud@hotmail.com