Re: [TenTec] OmniVI Plus Over Drive Amp

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OmniVI Plus Over Drive Amp
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:06:28 -1000
A correction to my previous post:

I said:
>  Once the internal collector metering is and forward power metering is
> calibrated, you can adjust the OVERDRIVE trigger levels.

I meant to say:

Once the internal collector current metering and forward power metering is
calibrated, you can use the internal metering as a reference to adjust the
OVERDRIVE LED trigger levels.

The LED bar graph power output indicator is also adjustable. It is no more
accurate than the meter, although it may respond faster to peaks.

If the OVERDRIVE LED is coming on at only 300 watts output, I would not trust
any of those adjustments to be correct. It is likely that someone has already
been in there mis-adjusting things.

DE N6KB