[TenTec] ORION2 TUNE ENABLE

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION2 TUNE ENABLE
From: "george" <goofyham@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 19:31:40 -0400
I just purchased a MFJ 1.5KW auto tuner. I am having trouble with it sensing
the 25 or so watts from the O2 at times even though the tuner says it will
sense 5 watts. I have to hit tune then PWR and send 50 or so watts to start
the MFJ auto tuning function.
My question is; is there any lead out of the O2 that goes high when the tune
button is pressed. If so I could mate this line to the MFJ tuner and start
the tuning process this way.
I know it's a MFJ problem but until I get to their technical department and
talk to them I thought the positive high going lead from the O2 would help.
This might not be a bad lead if not supplied to have on the Orion series of
transceivers. All the other makers of rigs have it???
Thanks.
George W2YJ