Re: [TenTec] OmniVI Plus Over Drive Amp

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OmniVI Plus Over Drive Amp
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:53:24 -0700 (PDT)
I had to bring up the tolerance of the meter itself.  Could not resist
cause it brings into focus real accuracy and the misnomers that
tolerances play on it..  It is more accurate than 5% full scale and the
SWR gets twisted some what when tolerances is talked about.  The design
of the Bird had to have taken that into consideration.  Been to long
since I heard this argument. Gotta be 40 years ago.

It has something to do with with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd part of the scale and
33.3333333...% or 66.66... % exponentially and the non linearity of the power
curve.  Been too long to remember this stuff.  Decay rates have a similar cure
but inverted.  This is out of my realm.  Please set this straight.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD