[TenTec] Omni VI S-Meter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI S-Meter
From: Hamdriver66@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 23:48:17 EDT
I have a problem that has just developed with my Omni VI, option 1, with  the
S-meter.  All has been working well until a few nights ago.  I  switched the
rig on and noticed the S-meter was nearly pegged out in the receive  mode,
with the meter switch in the "fwd" position. Tried reducing RF gain,  engaging
attenuator, changing filter settings, all of which made no  difference. Cycled
the rig to transmit and back to recieve several times,  and the needle stayed
near the top end of the scale the whole time.  If I  move the meter switch to
"swr" or other positions it reads incoming signal  strength normally and
functions as it should. This is on all bands on any  antenna or dummy load.
Removed
the top cover, inspected wiring around the  meter switch and cleaned switch
with Deoxit.  Still have the problem.   Has anyone else seen this occur,
looking
for ideas as to a cause.  Any help  will be appreciated. Thanks. Mike K4KJC.

fuel-efficient used cars.