Re: [TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for a rig upgrade...
From: Dell Ray <ray_2098@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:49:34 -0700 (PDT)
I installed the Inrad ssb mod and noticed a difference. It was easy and
inexpensive. I own a yaseu ft-707 and a kenwood TS-50 and I don't see any
improvement with these rigs over my Omni in SSB. Of course they are not high
end rigs. I bought my Omni new in 93 and have never been disappointed in its
performance. I am not a big contester so the standard TT filters do just fine
for me.
 I have found Ham Radio Deluxe a fun software package and not that hard to
learn. Incorporates many useful software programs. Works great with the IC-736
drivers since it does not have drivers for the Omni VI.
 Only thing is that I should have forked out the extra money to get the
hardware Option 3 factory upgrade. Still It is a easy radio to use and fun to
operate.
 Good luck with your choice.
73

Dell R Smith