Re: [TenTec] Orion RIT...

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion RIT...
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@embarqmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:35:58 -0400
Roy,

I have decided I am going beat this problem.  I am going to remove the case
from my Orion and remove the screws from the front panel.  Then I plan to
put a board under the front of the chassis to tilt the display.  When the
problem shows again, I am going to remove the front panel.  If the problem
cures itself, I will start checking the ribbon cables.  If nothing is cured,
I am going to start probing around the encoder board with a plastic tool and
see if I can find the problem.  If that fails, I will try to "cold" spray
and see if that shows the source of the problem.  I will either be having a
glass of champagne in celebration or crying in my beer with frustration! :=}

73,
John