Re: [TenTec] OT Antenna Tuners plus one or 2 others

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT Antenna Tuners plus one or 2 others
From: "Lyle Dunlap" <qskqrq@grics.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:07:11 -0500
Sounds like you need an Autek RF Analyst or one from another mfgr with same
capability.  As far as I know TT does not have one but you can check first,
they may market one.   With it you can adjust your tuner to the best of its
ability.  AND you do not have to put a signal on the air.

Keyers: Never used an internal one in all my years, not knocking them, just
prefer an outboard keyer with many more adjustments and capabilities.
Sidetone incidentally really does not tell you much of anything.

Boat Anchors:  Still use them - Still build them.

Choice of TT HF rigs, I have five.  If I had to get rid of four I would keep
an Omni 6 plus, (with roofing filter of course)

Lyle W9FCX