[TenTec] Another Delta II Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Another Delta II Question
From: "Bill Acito W1PA" <w1pa@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:15:21 -0400
shorten the time constant, or are all Delta II AGC circuits the same)?

2. I have one that I am re-furbing that has the audio amp IC go into some sort
of thermal
shutdown (i.e. using the internal speaker, the IC gets very hot, and after a
few
minutes the audio is severely distorted. No issue using an external speaker.)
Anything weird about the internal speaker? I assume I can swap out a standard 8
ohm
comm speaker? Access looks like a real pain.

3. Can someone point me to the thread that outlines how to swap put the EL
panel
from behind the LCD (I have googled references to it, but not the actual
thread)?

Bill W1PA