Re: [TenTec] Serious market overlooked by ham manufacturers

To: <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Serious market overlooked by ham manufacturers
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 18:20:05 -0500
Another "problem" is the general lack of repeater equipment to extend the
range of 220 mobiles. At least in rural areas, generating interest in a new
band / frequency is tied to the operation of a repeater. Then as previously
mentioned user / operators are focused on multi - band HTs and mobiles or
very inexpensive single band transceivers.  Been there, done that.... trying
to get new repeaters / digi-peaters on and used since 1975!

Best regards,

CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M
9679 Heron Bay Rd
Bloomington, IL 61705