Re: [TenTec] OT: Ground Radials at Tower Base

To: Derwin Goliver <dgoliver001@woh.rr.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Ground Radials at Tower Base
From: Billy Cox <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 00:16:20 -0400 (EDT)
Derwin,

I would agree with you as to not wanting to
reduce the gain or change the TA33's pattern.

But I am afraid that removing the radials from
the 5/8w will make it worse, not better, unless
you find a way to decouple the two antennas.

K9YC's site would be a good place to study ...

Another idea, might be to go to the Cushcraft
site and download the manual for their 10m Ringo.

Another idea, not knowing the tower height details,
and 'assuming' that the group on 28.430 is local,
would be to make a vertical 1/2 dipole, and mount
it well below the TA33 and offset from the tower,
or sidemount your 5/8 WITH radials well below the
TA33 ... as you are wanting the vertical polarized
antenna for your local ground wave communications,
so the height of about ground, while important, is
not worth destroying or distorting the TA33 ...

Good questions, and I hope these ideas help you.

73 de Billy, AA4NU