[TenTec] Paragon II Display problem HELP

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon II Display problem HELP
From: ARDUJENSKI@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:02:20 EDT
PROBLEM: The Paragon II display board is set with a series of "7's" in its
display

I replaced the rocker ON/OFF switches on both the 961 PS and the PARAGON  II.
I replaced the PS switch first and the units worked fine. Then I  decided to
replace the PARAGON II switch. I removed the top and bottom clamshell  covers
then loosened the side screws for the front panel then slowly and  carefully
rotated the front panel forward to gain access to the back of the  rocker
switch. The base of the PARAGON II was propped  about 2 inches to  allow free
rotation of the front panel. The ON/OFF rocker switch was replaced  without
incident and a check of all connectors was made to ensure they were all  seated
and
no wires pulled away.  When energizing the unit the DISPLAY  showed only a
series of "7's" which did not change. I rotated the tuning knob  and a few
"7's"
blinked but nothing else. I tried cycling off and on a few times  with waiting
period in between but no changes.

The radio does receives.

I went back a second time removing all the connectors on the front panel  and
top boards and cleaned with DE-OXITE with a sprayed Q-Tip and reseated  them.

TEN TEC: I did contact Ten Tec Service and was advised to check the
connectors (which I did) and it not would would need to see some bench time to
figure
it out.

Before I box this up for that trip to Ten Tec I was hoping someone else may
have experience this problem and has a solution. Is there some other tests or
checks or maybe a RESET?

I appreciate your help.................Alan  KB7MBI

deal here.