Re: [TenTec] OT: logging programs

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: logging programs
From: John Unger <w4au@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:21:48 -0400
Hi Ken -

I, too, was a long-time user of Hyperlog and found that it did just about
everything I needed or wanted in a general purpose logging program and for
keeping track of DXCC and other awards.

What you will find is that there are almost as many logging programs out
there as there are hams to use them...  :-) And everyone has their favorite.

Seriously, there are really only two important things to keep in mind: 1)
make sure you can export ALL of the data in your Hyperlog file to the new
program; and 2) find a program that has an interface that looks and feels
"right" to you. This last point is a very subjective issue but probably the
most important one.

If you are a contester, as I am, you also need to make sure that it is very
easy to import logs from your contesting software into your general purpose
logging program. Direct support for various digital modes is another
consideration.

I am currently using DX4WIN.

Good luck!

73 - John, W4AU