[TenTec] OMNI V Problem Growing...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V Problem Growing...
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 23:46:59 EDT
After taking covers off and cleaning connectors on all boards radio was
working fine.
Left rig on for 6 hours and no problems.
Stations coming in and strong with no distortion.
On 80 meters was getting signals of 20 over S9.
However, when I turned radio on and turned it back on S Meter went back to
middle and no signals heard.
Turned rig on and off again and got a squeal.
Turned rig off again and when I turned it back on sounded like I could hear
a broadcast station on 80.
The station was very weak.
I would turn the tuning knob but the station could not be tuned out.
Did a reset and got the tuning knob to work again.
Turned rig off for 15 minutes and all back to normal when I turned rig back
on.
Squeal is gone, signals back to 20 over S9 on 80 meters with no  distortion.
During all this the rig would transmit fine at full output with normal  SWR.
Any further ideas on this would be appreciated before I call Ten Tec for
help and parts.
Seems to me this is a relay problem on the control board.
Thanks in advance,
Dan/N4VET

deal here.