Re: [TenTec] Audio Hum on Omni-VII

To: wb0o@yahoo.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Audio Hum on Omni-VII
From: Dudley Hurry <jhurry@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:32:00 -0500
Bill,

You have a ground loop to the laptop..  I bet that you will lose the hum
if you break the ground from the radio to/from the laptop sound card..
Better isolation from the radio to the sound card.

You might even try an extra ground from the laptop to station ground,
but it is most likely a audio loop,  isolation transformers should take
care of it..

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ