[TenTec] Orion II upgrade

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II upgrade
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 05:50:31 -0700 (PDT)
Reading Scott's tips - in the manual - will give you good info...

But, for real quick setup -
do a reset to factory DEFAULT -
this is to get the radio back out of the miserable shape you have it jacked
into... Don't ask me how I learned this...
pick your band and mode
put Heil headset on
turn RF gain all the way DOWN
turn the PREAMP  OFF
set audio gain HALFWAY up - judged by the little moving bar on the display
now turn the RF gain up until you just hear a bit of band hiss, then turn it
down a hair
tune the band and the signals will just pop out of the silence...
BW at 3000 cycles for SSB and 1000 cycles for CW will get you started...
Keep your fluggersnitch fingers off the other knobs and buttons - don't ask me
how i learned this..
Enjoy...

denny / k8do