Re: [TenTec] Mini Lamp Needed

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mini Lamp Needed
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:36:51 -0700 (PDT)
First off the CM4 my guess is a CM47  The 7 was covered up with solder.  So I
was not sure what it was Thanks for info on CM and what it ment been a while.

I looked in my library and found a Sylvania and GE lamp book.  Found out that
the CM47 from a Google search had 3000 hours of average life.  The 1847 was
5000 hours and the 755 was 20000 hours.  All the others that were 6.3 volts but
rated at more current and had life averages of 3000 to 5000 hours.

The 1302 was rated for 0.04 amps with 5000 hours of average life.  Low on heat
for close quarters.

Was my sales book wrong about the life of the 755?  I found a reference that
said 3000 hours, and another at 20000 hours, not sure why the confusion.

Lucky for me I found some 755 Sylvania's in the junk box.  Think I will use
them.  Over the years I found Sylvania Miniature Bayonet lamps to last longer
for some reason.  I work in a hospital and maintain the nurse call system and
hall lamps.  Those things go on and off all the time.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD