[TenTec] Ten Tec 962 Power Supply Problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec 962 Power Supply Problem
From: n2ouv@optonline.net
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 22:20:15 +0000 (GMT)
Hello to the list,

My 962 died the other day while transmitting on 80. Unit just shut right off.
Found 5 amp MDL blown and replaced it. Upon power up it blew again.
Opened the unit up and tested the Bridge Rectifier and found it to have shorted
junctions.

I got the replacement mouser p/n from a preivous post on the list from soemone
who had a blown bridge.

My question is what would take the bridge out like this? I am wondering if the
pass transistors could be shorted or a filter cap shorted out.

Any advice on troubleshooting this supply further would be greatly appreciated.
Its a heavy sucker and I'd hate to send it back to TT for repair.

73,
Joe N2OUV