Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Fan Disappointment....

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Fan Disappointment....
From: "JT Croteau" <jt.n1ese@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:38:49 -0500
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Duane Calvin <ac5aa1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that's what I'm not understanding - where is a sub-rx handy in
> contesting?

It can be very beneficial to contesting but takes practice just as it
takes a bit of practice with SO2R before you start to see the benefits
and not a hindrance.  For example, when you are running on a frequency
and the QSO rate starts slowing down, you can use the sub receiver to
work multipliers.  You can then listen to your running frequency and
to the multiplier frequency where you work the multiplier quickly so
you can return quickly to your run frequency so you don't loose the
run frequency to someone else.  To be honest, I've done this more
often during VHF/UHF contests than I have on HF but it is also very
beneficial on HF.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE