Re: [TenTec] Corsair II & Titan connections

To: Gary@doctorgary.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II & Titan connections
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 22:34:22 -1000
Hi all,

If your Corsair II has the TX EN and TX OUT jacks like Paragons and
Omnis do, then the QSK keying loop, connected to a Titan amplifier, will
work equally well using an external keyer connected to the transceiver's
KEY jack or the internal keyer. And for SSB PTT or VOX operation it will
also work without any other keying or relay interconnections to the
Titan. If you want both an external keyer and a straight key you can
connect one to the KEY jack and the other to the PTT jack, both will
work, and you can also use the internal keyer too if you like (set to a
different speed perhaps).

The only time you need to connect a straight key or a keyer directly to
the amplifier KEY IN of a Ten-Tec amplifier for QSK operation instead of
to the transceiver KEY jack is when you are using a transceiver (older
Ten-Tec or other brand without QSK loop) that does not have the TX EN
and TX OUT jacks. When you have an external keyer you can connect it to
the amplifier KEY IN, and have the KEY OUT of the amplifier connected to
the KEY jack of the radio to have QSK operation. Using an internal keyer
is what you cannot do with one of these non QSK loop equipped rigs and
have full QSK opeartion with the Titan.

DE N6KB