Re: [TenTec] Omni VI - AGC and RF Gain Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI - AGC and RF Gain Question
From: Jim Goudie <af3z@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:32:00 -0500
Hi!

I also bought an Omni VI through the list not too long ago.  I've
been operating CW almost exclusively.  The ham I bought the rig from
mentioned that he usually backed off on the RF gain a little.  I've
discovered that I do the same thing.  The noise level seems much
worse with the RF gain all the way up.

I hadn't really noticed the distortion you mentioned, but that may
just be that the signal sounded noisy to me, and that goes away when
I back off on the gain.

Jim, AF3Z