Re: [TenTec] Help with deaf Argonaut 509...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help with deaf Argonaut 509...
From: Joe Hutchens <aj8mh-radio@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 5:25:02 -0800
I don't have a schematic anymore...so I'm winging it! Keep in mind that the 509
is a fairly quite receiver. The signals tend to stand out with good
sensitivity. I was dumb to sell it.
Let me ramble.
1. We need to assertain if you have a sensitivity problem or a problem that is
just affecting the S-meter. (I think you have already narrowed it down to the
frontend with your probe testing.)
2. How does the 509 compare with the 817 on the other bands? Are they all poor?
3. If the other bands are good, I would look for a bandswitch problem or a
connector issue. It seems to me the boards do plug in.
--
Joe Hutchens ( AJ8MH )
http://webpages.charter.net/aj8mh-radio/