Re: [TenTec] Gel cells

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Gel cells
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 16:29:35 -0600
I use a surplus UIPS gel cell in my old Moto Guzzi police motorcycle.
What I have found works well is to keep it charged during the winter
with a so-called "battery tender".  I buy them from J&P Cycles out in
Iowa, but have seen them also in battery stores.  They generally come in
750 mil and 1.5 amp max charging versions.  My eventual goal is to use
one with my Argonaut II up north in the boonies, and keep it charged
with solar panels.

73,

Steve WA9JML