[TenTec] Gel cells

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Gel cells
From: "k4dzr@juno.com" <k4dzr@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 01:43:13 GMT
For what it's worth:
I have been using a 7AH alarm battery charged by a 5 watt solar panel for the
past couple of weeks.  I have a small charge regulator connected between the
solar panel and the battery. It provides 12v output termnals to the xcvr.
Running a  K2 at 4 watts - making quite a few contacts. No doubt Ten Tec rigs
running qrp would be great for this set up also.
May try to beef up the solar power/battery and run my Orion  emergency power
one day Hmm..........
Jerry, K4DZR