Re: [TenTec] Ig drift on amps

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ig drift on amps
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 21:36:37 -0600
The output of the amp is indeed a Pi-L network.  These work great and have
been in BC transmitters very successfully for years.  I wish more companies
would use Pi-L networks in their amps. Better attenuation of harmonics,
lower currents in the coils and components and a better match.  All at the
cost of increased costs.

I can't imagine any amp today being able to handle a 300 ohm load on its
output at rated power.  That's an SWR of 6:1.

73
Bob, K4TAX