Re: [TenTec] O2 output level with PSK aux in

To: <jmiller1706@cfl.rr.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O2 output level with PSK aux in
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 07:34:39 -0600
For and clean and correct PSK signal the transmitter output should be about
45 to 55 watts max.  SP should not be used.  What you are seeing is likely
the result of the ALC action, controlling the power output as it should.

Running 100 watts out on PSK will make lots of unhappy folks on the
frequencies adjacent to yours as a result of excessive data sidebands.

73
Bob, K4TAX