Re: [TenTec] Omni VI qustion...Notch Filter

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI qustion...Notch Filter
From: "Bob Close" <rclose@nhwisp.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 21:20:25 -0500
Also, remember to turn the notch filter VERY slowly when trying to notch out
a signal, as the notch is quite narrow.  A quick twist will seem like
nothing is happening.  I mean, go SLOW.  Once you get a sense of where the
knob has to be based on the frequency of the tone you will find yourself
narrowing in on the offending signal much more quickly.  It becomes very
instinctive quickly.