Re: [TenTec] NEW Orion II/2.041XL Bug? Red Scan With VerticalLinePattern

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] NEW Orion II/2.041XL Bug? Red Scan With VerticalLinePatterns
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 19:35:20 -0500
Now that I've seen a picture of this, I see it, too.

However, this bug has characteristics of something I always saw in
v2.039: I would sometimes see the spectrum sweep get "swept out" from
right to left. It would get completely cleared, only to reappear less
than a second later.  I never knew what caused -- I never noticed
anything in particular caused it, though I sometimes thought it
occurred when there was a particularly potent static crash. I was
never bothered or much concerned by it. I've seen similar behavior
when the spectrum display goes to all red: the white part of the
spectrum trace is swept out from right to left, only to reappear very
shortly afterward.

Kim Elmore N5OP