Re: [TenTec] Paragon II

To: <wb2vuf@arrl.net>, "N4PY" <n4py@arrl.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon II
From: "Ken Scheper" <kenshep@one.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 21:52:31 -0400
It was my understanding, that in all their infinite wisdom, the GOVERNMENT
changed the date of the EDST changes per their own wishes.  This means ALL
the computers, and ANY electronic equipment that were "hard coded" to a date
won't work until that date comes and goes.  I have played hell with my older
logging Dell computer vs the EQF software that I use for logging.  The EQF
software seems OK, but the Dell won't let it change to EDST!

Anyway, the same goes for ANY hard coded chips, no matter where they are.  I
can only say keep checking daily on times/dates until May 1st.  I have
disabled all automatic updates on both, just to be safe.  Long live the
wisdom of beauocrats! I'm still checking ...

73
Ken
WA8JOC

Ken Scheper