Re: [TenTec] Orion2 auto tuner

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion2 auto tuner
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:22:46 -0600
On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 09:27 -0400, Jim M. wrote:
> Are there any retired software engineers on here who would like to volunteer
> to spend the summer in Sieverville and do a serious job of fixing TT's
> source code?

Probably the way to do that is to apply for a job there. Full time.
Otherwise, with a set of programming and debugging tools and a couple
radios (I and II) that could be done anywhere. Its been hinted at on
this forum occasionally for years.

> Or perhaps reverse engineer the binary (using a
> "disassembler").

Isn't there an agreement on the bill of sale or the download page to not
reverse engineer the code? Doing that sure would be easiest by one who
has worked with the particular controller and DSP chips before.

73, Jerry, K0CQ