Re: [TenTec] Orion2 auto tuner

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion2 auto tuner
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:14:33 -0500
George,
I tried to find something in the reviews and the Ten Tec web page on the
meaning of Tuned, but I think your experiments show it simply means the
tuner is in the circuit as opposed to not being in the circuit path.
Thus it says "tuned" and that is separate from the actual SWR condition,
where "high SWR" is the indication you get.

You might suggest tuner operation of the Omni/ Omni II as a topic for
the Scott Robbins Ten Tec TV series on U-tube.  They have short
tutorials on very useful things like proper use of an RF gain control,
another subject of discussion on all brands of rigs and all kinds of hams.
-Stuart
K5KVH