[TenTec] Orion 2 auto tuner and 2.041SW observations

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 2 auto tuner and 2.041SW observations
From: info4mjs@att.net
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:51:06 +0000

Hi,
Since I managed to raise the center of my 80M dipole another 15' today (now at
50'), I had to recalibrate my manual antenna tuner settings (I added another
20' of ladder line) now that I am clear of some branches.

In doing so, I checked out the internal auto tuner.  I noticed that I had no
problems tuning up to a "somewhat" matched antenna via my manual tuner.  As
long as I didn't change bands, the tuner continued to indicate a tuned
situation even if the antenna was not matched (confirmed by a network
analyzer).  Depressing the tune button disabled the tuner and removed the tuned
indication.  Depressing it again caused it to retune.

I've been running version 2.041 off and on since its release.  I haven't
experienced any problems with the display using any color selection.  I
primarily use SSB and I use FM (1W) to manually tune my antenna.  I send a lot
of traffic through the serial port and usually leave the radio on for several
hours at a time.  The display conditions that I've read about haven't been seen
on my radio.

Mike, WA1SEO

--
Please respond to Mike Stricker