Re: [TenTec] Bandscope rx in O II?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Bandscope rx in O II?
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 12:05:33 +0000
On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I've seen some mention of getting the bandscope info out of the O II
> for an alternate display, but I've been wondering: where does it come
> from? Is it essentially a third rx, of is it derived from some
> manipulation of the sub-rx IF?

Simply put, the signal to drive the bandscope is derived from the
existing 9Mhz i.f. of the Orion and feeds some sort of external 9Mhz
receiver, such as LP-PAN or SDR-IQ, that interfaces with a computer to
use the computer display as the bandscope.

VE7TK has info on tapping Orion's 9Mhz i.f. and using it with LP-PAN
at http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk/Site_map.html

73,
Barry N1EU