Re: [TenTec] Omni VI / +

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI / +
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 13:29:13 -0500
That's very interesting.  When I moved from my IC-765 to an Omni VI+ I was
blown away by how smooth, quiet and easy the audio was to listen to,
especially with the filters engaged.  My ICOM was well known for its loud IF
chain sizzle and had forced me to add audio DSP filtering to deal with that.
The Omni VI+ had beautiful audio that I could spend a whole contest (CW SSB,
or RTTY) and not be worn out by it.  I suspect there was something wrong
with your Omni, but I don't know what it might have been.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com