Re: [TenTec] Want to buy

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Want to buy
From: jack User <jfriend31@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:33:20 -0600
i agree on all matters but the Inrad filters. i have the 250 and 500 TT
filters in my Orions and find them more than adequate with no ringing. i
have avoided switched power supplies entirely. maybe they are adequate,
but others have noted trouble with such power supplies when running
Orions hard.

i have been running 1.373b3 on one Orion and 1.373b5 on the other. both
have served well unless i use SWEEP for long periods. at times SWEEP
causes the Orion to freeze. i have found no work around on that matter.
turning the Orion off and back on is the only fix i have found.

jack ak7o