Re: [TenTec] Want to buy

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Want to buy
From: "Stan" <w4ag@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 21:40:26 -0400
Hi, Rick,

I agree with Mark's post...get the inrad 600Hz filter. I NEVER move the RF
gain above 80 and usually put the AF gain near max and then use RF gain to
adjust signal level. There are some AGC threshold adjustments to play with
depending on which bands/modes you primarily use. For my money, the Orion is
the best bargain available today to get a performance radio for the price. I
also find the N4PY software to be a very valuable operating aid.

73,
Stan, W4AG