Re: [TenTec] Triton PTO kit same as Corsair II?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton PTO kit same as Corsair II?
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:08:38 -0400
No, I wouldn't have ordered them separately, I just ordered two simple
"rebuild kits" for each type of PTO.  I did not buy the left-hand threaded
ones until I got my 580 Deltas years after the other kits.  With each one,
they asked for what rig I wanted it.  I told them and they sent the
appropriate kit.  If the kits were the same, they wouldn't have asked, or
maybe they needed to know so they'd know which rod to include in my kits.  I
do know that I never was billed for or paid for a separate part with each
kit.

The first one I bought was for a 544 Triton.  When I saw it, I realized that
if Ten-Tec no longer supplied the kit I'd be out of luck because to machine
such parts would cost more than the rig so I ordered two more.  Some years
later I got two for my 580 Delta rigs.

As an aside, I always appreciate your sage advices on the reflector.

Mike