[TenTec] Question on OMNI VI Filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Question on OMNI VI Filters
From: DW Holtman <tubestuff@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 07:56:07 -0600
Hello,

I recently picked up an Omni VI Plus. I really enjoy using it, full
sized buttons, heavy stable tuning knob etc, all this on top of great
performance.

Now back to my question. On the front panel there is 5 filter push buttons.

1.8   500   250   N1   N2

Looking at the manual, there is 4 filters that can be installed on the
6.3MHz IF board. It already comes with a 2.4KHZ, a 1.8, 500 and 250 can
be added to correspond to the first three filter select buttons.

The manual says that only one filter can be installed on the 9MHz
mixer/IF board. If only one filter can be installed, why is there two
narrow filter select buttons (N1 and N2)?

Now I have the 1.8 and the 500 installed and I'm thinking about finding
a model 217, 500 Hz filter to install on the 9 MHz board, and possibly a
250 Hz to put in the 6.3MHz board.

Thank you,
DW Holtman