Re: [TenTec] 2.063 Xg - AF Vs RF AGC

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.063 Xg - AF Vs RF AGC
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 14:24:35 -0700 (PDT)
Giuseppe I think you have some good questions.

1) A more complete description of AF versus RF AGC would be worthwhile.
2) According to the "What's New" file that came with 2.063Xg the change from RF
to AF AGC "will not take affect  until the radio's power has been cycled."  So
it may look like it is working correctly in the mode you have chosen but the
Orion still needs to be rebooted.
3) I have reported the NR problem in AF AGC to ditsnbits at Ten-Tec.
4) RF AGC seems to be working correctly with NR.  Whether it is better I can't
say.  I've gone back to 1.373b5.
5) Some prefer to set the MIC levels on each band others set it once in GLOBAL
and it will be set to that level on all bands.
6) The sweep bandwidth was discussed with the Orion II firmware release earlier
and it looks like it is now a fixed value that cannot be changed.

73,

Rick

VE7TK

Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk

[TenTec] 2.063 Xg - AF Vs RF AGC

"G.C." <g.crosta@tin.it>

Mon, 18 May 2009 19:27:36 +0200

Dear friends,

first of all I would understand better the differences between the two AGC
systems and their capabilities.
Could anyone explain the different solutions and their features?
Secondly, when I change between the two systems through the RX menu shortly
when the DSP message disappear the system seems to work properly. Is this
procedure correct?
Third, when AF AGC is chose the NR doesn't work and the radio is muted, is it
correct?
Fourth, when RF AGC is chose the NR work properly and it seems better than the
previously firmware version.
Fifth, what is the purpose of the MIC/PWR setting on the OTHER menu ?
Sixth, could we change the sweep windows bandwith ?

Thanks

Giuseppe IZ2ABU