Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Advertizing

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Advertizing
From: Martin Ewing <martin.s.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 21:14:45 -0400
Ten-Tec has to sell the products they have.  The Orion is right at the
top on any list of performance specs.  (Giving or taking a couple of
dB.) It is a much more conventional package and probably easier to use
than the Flex boxes and the K3.  It is a lot cheaper than the Icom
7700/7800.  And the service and accessibility of the manufacturer is
excellent.  Did I miss anything?

They have to take a reading of who their customers are going to be.
Probably not you or me or the high-tech SDR folks or people who are
counting the days to the next firmware update. I hope their
advertising people know their stuff.

All that said, I would have to say the June QST ad is visually
obscure.  TT seems to have a thing about black on black.  It's just
hard to see the hardware in that photo!  Fortunately, the text is
good.  "The SSB Company" indeed!

73 Martin AA6E