Re: [TenTec] TT and the rest of us...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT and the rest of us...
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 23:22:38 -0400
That is my understanding, as well.

I believe the better setting on the Pi network, i.e., Palstar, tuner is
to pick the one with the highest Output capacitor setting, and lowest
Input capacitor setting.  But you do have to work a bit longer to
determine whether more than one setting works, and which one that is.

But if the end result is the essentially same, then I am not sure I want
to pay much more for the TT -  I might better spend my hard earned brass
on the auto tuner - or a remote tuner for the base of my big stick
vertical antenna.

Thanks for your view.

d.e.warnick@comcast.net wrote:

The difference is a Pi (In the Palstar) vs an L (in the TenTec)
configuration. The problem with the Pi is that it "may" give you more
than one group of settings that provide a low SWR.