Re: [TenTec] TT and the rest of us...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT and the rest of us...
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 12:06:24 -0400
On dipoles I usually use under 500 watts.  On the big stick vertical, I
usually use about 400-500 watts.

I have strongly considered a tuner at the base of the stick as you
suggest which would take the coax out of the equation.  DX Engineering
just came out with a 200 watt tuner designed just for it.  Some other
companies, SGC, ARRAY Solutions, and MFJ all have 200 watt tuners but I
like the dXE one better - it is bigger and heavier.  BUT... DXE will be
coming out with a high power tuner sometime - but they did not sound
like it would be before Xmas.  Array Solutions has a Chinese-made high
power tuner (takes 800 watts) but I may wait for the DXE version or just
get their new 200 watter

IT WOULD SEEM WORTHWHILE.

Also I would probably like the 200 watter - as with greater efficiency,
I would need to dump far less power on the stick.  And we all know
better, more efficient radiators is better than trying to compensate
with more power.

Thank you again for your courtesy and assistance.