Re: [TenTec] Omni VI plus receiver problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI plus receiver problem
From: "David & Chris Drake" <drakes@psci.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:06:36 -0400
Suggested steps: 1) check all wiring harness connectors on the IF board,
the IF/AF board, next go to the lower pot board and inspect the af-rf pot
closely.  Insure you do not have any broken solder joints or cracked solder
joints.  At this time, if you can get at it, get some cleaner into the pot
and work it.  2) Go through the receiver alignment procedure in the manual.
3) if all else fails, call TT service for advise.
Note, as these radios begin to get some age on them, its a good idea to go
through all the connectors with some deoxit to insure good contact.  This is
often a first step in working on many radios that approach this age and
older.

David
Wd9cmd