Re: [TenTec] Omni V and 705 Mic issues...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V and 705 Mic issues...
From: John Callari <john@callari.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 22:03:09 -0400
Okay...

I put the Shure 450 away for now, as I'm not going to try to tackle 2
problems at the same time.

Now, on to the TT 705 mic.  I have checked the wiring, and made sure
all connections are solid and all
solder points are solid.  All check out fine.  When the TT 705 is in
PTT mode (via the switch at the base)
and the 9V battery is in, I get 60 OHMS of resistance with the PTT
button depressed and infinite resistance
with the PTT switch open.  Is this acceptable?

And, as a reminder, if I attach the 705 to the radio with the 705
switched to PTT, the radio locks into transmit
mode.  Is something wrong with the circuitry in the microphone?  I'm
not sure what impact the NPN transistor
would have on the resistance between the PTT and ground pins in the
connector.  I'm used to open and
closed switches, which have almost no resistance when closed.

Thanks!

John
K2JNC