Re: [TenTec] Burghardt amateur center

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Burghardt amateur center
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:45:53 -0700
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:40:46 -0600, Dr. Gerald N. Johnson wrote:

>ctually there is Down East Microwave making transverters (so the HF
>side has to have FM if that's your interest) as well as Elecraft.

Yes, and this is first class gear.

Someone just posted to the NCCC email list preliminary info for a
new ICOM transceiver that claims decent VHF/UHF performance. Some of
our members thought that it might be interesting for use in a Rover
station (i.e., a mobile station for VHF/UHF contesting).

http://www.ab4oj.com/icom/ic9100/main.html

73,

Jim K9YC