Re: [TenTec] It the 715 speech processor for my Omni C?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] It the 715 speech processor for my Omni C?
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 16:44:50 -0600
Ivin,

While I have not tried my TT-715 on anything other than my Omni VI plus, my
experiences with other TT transceivers lead me to believe you you will be well
satisfied with the TT-715 driving the microphone input of your Omni C.

Most likely you will need to ask TT to build you a custom output cable, which
should be no problem as they will know what your Omni C takes. The biggest
problem will be matching your Electrovoice 606 mic cable termination to the
TT-715 and it may be easier to just use a relatively inexpensive computer mic
with 1/8 mono plug if you don't want re-terminate the 606.

73,

Gary - AB9M