Re: [TenTec] It the 715 speech processor for my Omni C?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] It the 715 speech processor for my Omni C?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:00:27 -0600
On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 16:44 -0600, CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M wrote:
> Ivin,
>
> While I have not tried my TT-715 on anything other than my Omni VI plus, my
> experiences with other TT transceivers lead me to believe you you will be
> well satisfied with the TT-715 driving the microphone input of your Omni C.
>
> Most likely you will need to ask TT to build you a custom output cable, which
> should be no problem as they will know what your Omni C takes. The biggest
> problem will be matching your Electrovoice 606 mic cable termination to the
> TT-715 and it may be easier to just use a relatively inexpensive computer mic
> with 1/8 mono plug if you don't want re-terminate the 606.

Probably a guitar stereo 1/4" cable will do the output and a simple MC-1
to 1/4" stereo plug cable will handle the microphone side. Likely a
standard cable in the guitar shop or RS. I know for certain the output
cable is standard many places in 1/8" (3mm) and adapters are all over
those same places. At RS the output cable would be a 42-2616 for $14.99.

The cable that connects the microphone to the radio now with a 276-876
(4.99) adapter for the 1/8" jack on the 715 will work fine. Having
TenTec make custom cables is spending to much money and working too
hard.

> 73,
>
> Gary - AB9M

73, Jerry, K0CQ