Re: [TenTec] It the 715 speech processor for my Omni C?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] It the 715 speech processor for my Omni C?
From: steve r <n8isaham@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:26:17 -0800 (PST)
I have the 715 and the Orion 1

I love both pieces of equipment.

The Orion has been the best radio I have found compared to other hf icoms
and kenwoods.

the 715 i have for the 708 desk mic and the heil headset.
I use the 715 for the headset mostly. since its not a dx element. but when
running normal ssb I use the radio only and the 708

and for anyone trying to update there Orion1

no where could I find out how to do so when setting up the radio to start...(
you must turn on the radio while holding the user2 button and then you will see
the flash update on the lcd of the radio then release the button.)

I only found this on the Orion II area of the website on tentec.

no where in the manual. or the software for updates.

May Tentec will add this to the orion 1 area.

Steve N8IS