Re: [TenTec] Distortion SSB Omni VII

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Distortion SSB Omni VII
From: John Graves <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:41:44 -0500
I was just looking at A Yamaha Accessories Catalog on the Yamaha site,
and it said that the mike was an electret and required 15V "phantom
power"  They also show a bias supply that uses 2 AAA cells??? but that
is a 2006 catalog.

B&H Photo lists the headset and the specs say dynamic microphone with no
mention of it requiring power.  Of course, they are out of stock.

Maybe they don't exist.  This is just another way to keep the public happy?

John Graves
WA1JG
jh.graves@verizon.net