Re: [TenTec] 238 caps

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 238 caps
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:23:45 -0600
I get it now, thanks Ron and Jim.  I have not observed any trouble
with mine yet but I use it to tune my inverted L on 160 when I run a
250 w. carrier there.  some of my transmissions get uh, relatively
long.  the pep is around 1.2 kw.  I may pull mine out and look inside
to see if there are any signs of stress.   I smoked a supposedly legal
limit low pass filter a few months ago, the type that cuts off at 30
MHz, but in that case the failure was torroid inductors..  the caps,
similar to the ones in the 238 were all fine.

73

Rob
K5UJ